In February 2016, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) announced the Fiscal Year (FY) 2016 Preparedness Grants Notices of Funding Opportunities (NOFO). The NOFOs are available at: http://www.fema.gov/preparedness-non-disaster-grants.
Application Due Dates: Emergency Management Performance Grant Program applications are due on March 18, 2016; Remaining DHS Preparedness Grant Program applications are due on April 25, 2016. OEC has prepared a summary of FY 2016 DHS Preparedness Grants or stakeholders to assist in developing proposals that align with DHS funding priorities for emergency communications. Stakeholders are strongly encouraged to read this summary and the SAFECOM Guidance on Emergency Communications Grants before submitting emergency communications proposals for funding. Each year, OEC provides details of fiscal year DHS grants. The Grant Programs Letter summary contains the following information:
- DHS grant amounts and deadlines
- Key updates or changes in funding or program details
- Table detailing each grant program including purpose, eligibility, and allowable costs
- Detailing of SAFECOM Guidance priorities and recommendations for grantees
- FEMA grant requirements and grants management best practices