- Last week, FirstNet continued meetings with AT&T. The teams are making good progress on State Plan development and are on track to deliver draft State Plans mid-June.
- Also last week, FirstNet staff participated in the Smart Texas Revolution Conference in Dallas, providing a keynote speech and taking part in a panel discussion.
- At the Arkansas EMS Expo in Little Rock last week, FirstNet worked with the state SPOC team at their booth to provide information and updates on the FirstNet Network.
- FirstNet also staffed an exhibit booth at the International Trauma Life Support Ohio Conference in Columbus last week.
- FirstNet staff also gave a FirstNet update at the Georgia Emergency Management Summit and Training Sessions in Savannah last week.
- Yesterday, FirstNet staff gave a presentation on FirstNet’s unique applications, functions, and features for public safety at the 2017 Communications Academy conference in Seattle, Washington.
- This week, FirstNet will be participating in the Fire Department Instructors Conference (FDIC) International in Indianapolis, Indiana; the Canadian Public Safety Broadband Network Workshop in Ottawa; the Connecticut Emergency Management Symposium in Cromwell, Connecticut; the Maine Prepares Conference in Augusta; the National Rural EMS Conference in Fargo, North Dakota; a meeting of the Indiana Fire Alliance in Indianapolis; the Oceti Sakowin Power Authority’s 3rd Annual Tribal Utility Gathering in Rapid City, South Dakota; the National Association of State CIOs (NASCIO) DC Fly-In in Washington, DC; a Southwestern New Hampshire Region Mutual Aid District meeting in Keene; the Minnesota Ambulance Association “Teaching and Learning” conference in St. Cloud; and a National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Electronic Safety Equipment Technical Committee meeting in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Last week, FirstNet posted one new blog: FirstNet Shares Best Practices With Global Peers.
- FirstNet is seeking expressions of interest from individuals who wish to serve on the FirstNet Board. One of the 12 non-permanent Board member seats is currently vacant, and the appointments of four current non-permanent Board members expire this August. Expressions of interest are due May 22.
News from the PSAC, States and Territories
- The summer 2017 in-person PSAC meeting will be Thursday, June 15th, 2017, in San Antonio, Texas, after the conclusion of the PSCR annual conference. PSAC members are asked to reference instructions to book invitational travel as outlined via email, and send any questions to PSAC@firstnet.gov.
- The summer 2017 in-person Tribal Working Group meeting will be Monday, July 24th, in Flagstaff, Arizona, one day in advance of the field session of the Tribal-Interior Budget Council (TIBC). Instructions for making invitational travel arrangements are forthcoming.
*The information provided is copied as-is from the media outlet source and is not edited by FirstNet. Links to non-Federal Government websites do not constitute endorsement of any product, service, organization, company, information provider, or content. Clicking on non-Department of Commerce hyperlinks will direct you to websites that are not under the Government’s control.
MissionCritical Communications 4/20: FirstNet International Forum Addresses Public-Safety LTE Globally
Representatives from seven nations attended the First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet) International Public Safety Forum for Wireless Broadband March 16. The forum discussed ways to share lessons learned about public-safety Long Term Evolution (LTE) around the world.
WSAW-TV 4/18: Emergency workers optimistic about FirstNet technology
First responders are one step closer to new technology aimed at making their response to disasters or emergencies faster and better. It’s called FirstNet. Many of us have been there. You’re at a Packers game or big public event and you can’t get cell service. It’s probably just annoying for most of us, but when police, paramedics and other first responders can’t get service, it’s a big problem. FirstNet is designed to be the solution.
Web and Social Media
FirstNet’s social media presence grew at its normal rate this week. Twitter gained 59 new followers, now at 5,986. Facebook has 1,053 followers. LinkedIn now has 2,234 followers. YouTube has 430 subscribers. Do you have something you want to feature in the weekly update, such as a conference date, personnel announcement, or news article showcasing the work of your organization? Please send it to PSAC@firstnet.gov for possible inclusion in an upcoming update.