Understanding the Grants Process for FirstNet Projects (Part 1)
About this Webinar
Seeking and applying for a grant can be a daunting process. This three-part free webinar series will help state, local, and tribal entities, public safety entities, and public safety consultants navigate and understand the finer aspects entailed in applying for grants.
In Part I, the focus will be upon the steps necessary to complete before submitting the grant application. This webinar series delves into greater detail of all the topics covered previously in the first webinar to enhance the potential for success of a grant application. The subject areas will be reviewed in more detail at a granular level. If you missed the first one, Funding FirstNet Communications Projects with Federal Grants, we encourage you to view the slides prior to this webinar.
DEFINE THE FIRSTNET PROJECT
• What does this look like?
• What should be considered?
CONDUCT NEEDS ASSESSMENT
• What and who is needed in the grant?
• Who should be involved in the process?
• Where to look for grants and what you need to know before you apply.
• Mandatory requirements for consideration.
• Good to know before you write your grant.